This is an easy craft project for kids to help them make a fairy house lamp for their room using a box and some craft sticks. We hope you’ll make your own fairy house lamp and tell us all about it.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS CRAFT:
Craft or Popsicle Sticks
Self Adhesive Gemstones
- Start by cutting out two squares on either side of the box for the windows and a door on one side. (Keep one side of the door attached so you can swing the door open and shut)
- Glue on the Popsicle sticks on the box in a vertical pattern and make sure you don’t cover the window squares. You will need to cut some of the Popsicle sticks for the windows and door spaces.
- Once you’ve finished gluing sticks on all sides of the house, leave it to dry for half an hour.
- Using thinner craft sticks or cardboard paper in a dark color, measure and cut out strips that will frame the windows and door as well. Glue 2 strips in a crisscross shape on the inside of the window to be your window panes. Glue the other 4 strips on the outside of the window to be frame the window.
- We also stuck 2 strips on the door to give a little more definition.
- If you have top flaps on your box, then stick them together to create a roof. If you don’t then you can fold a piece of cardboard paper in half and stick it on the top of the box to act as the roof.
- Cover the roof with a colored paper or glitter paper. Cut out long black strips of cardboard paper or use thin craft sticks to glue on the roof as well.
- Leave to dry for another half an hour before you decorate the fairy house with gemstones.
- Finally place an LED lamp inside the box and your Fairy House Lamp is completed.