Easy Cooking for Kids
Tsiiyeh also known as Fatteh is a very common breakfast dish eaten all over Syria. There are a few variations of the dish depending on the city you’re in but the basics of the dish are the bread, chickpeas and tahini.
Some people add meat to this dish so if you’re at a Syrian restaurant, you may see the following options “Fattet Kawermah” or “Chicken Fatteh”. “Kawermah” is basically Shawermah made with beef instead of Chicken and so when making the Fatteh, they will add some slices of the beef shawermah to your plate. Chicken fatteh usually has some boiled chicken within the layers of the dish.
How to make Syrian Fatteh
- Cooked Chickpeas (1 Can/ Cup of cooked chickpeas)
- 1 cup of Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Arabic Bread (cut into small pieces & toasted in the oven)
- Pinch of Salt
- Optional: chopped parsley & red pepper
1.Combine the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, salt and water into a bowl and mix well until it becomes smooth and runny.
2. Spread the toasted bread pieces in a bowl and drizzle 1/4 of the yogurt mixture onto the bread.
3. Spread the chickpeas onto the bread and spread the rest of the yogurt mixture on top of the chickpeas.
4. Drizzle some olive oil on the top of the dish and decorate with chopped parsley and some red pepper
We hope you enjoy this dish!